Niseko Gourmet: Festive Recipe
Here's another of Harvest Niseko cookbook author Chisato Amagai's special festive recipe that her family has come to love.
PORK SPARE RIBES (SERVES 3)
- Pork spare ribs, 400g, cut into individual pieces.
- Mentsuyu, 90ml
- Honey, 2 tbsp
- Worcestershire Sauce, 2 tbsp
- Ketchup, 1 tbsp
- Garlic, 1 clove, grated
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, add the spare ribs and cook over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and leave the ribs in the hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the mentsuyu, honey, worcestershire sauce, ketchup and garlic.
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat and add the sauce along with the spare ribs.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the ribs for 5 minutes.
- Once the rubs are well coated in the sauce, increase the heat and continue to simmer until the sauce has reduced and the ribs are coated in a beautiful, sticky sauce.
YOUR SHOPPING LIST AT LUCKY SUPERMARKET
Take this list with you to help you find everything you'd need for this recipe.
- Pork - Meat section
- Honey - Bread section
- Worcestershire Sauce - Aisle 4
- Garlic - Produce section
- Mentsuyu - Aisle 1
- Ketchup - Aisle 3